A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Woohoo!

I'm very happy to announce that I am starting a new job this Monday (April 18). It all happened very fast today, I got an offer this morning, e-mailed my resignation and now, I am on contract with this other company for the next three months. The absolute best thing about this contract is that it is four days a week, 32 hours. And with the contracting rate, I make as much money as I was making before, but I get three-day weekends until mid-July. And the technical writing manager said she would be working hard to find me a permanent position within the company. Apparently, I made a good impression in my interview yesterday.

I feel this is going to be a very positive change in my life and 2005 is going to be an excellent year. New job, new opportunities, trip to Europe, and long weekends to go camping!!! I'm a happy girl.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Steve said…

    Congratulations! That's great news (and a speed record)!

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Félicitations ma grande!On lèvera un verre ce soir à ta santé et pour te souhaiter beaucoup de succès dans ce nouvel emploi.
    Ta mamou/ ton papou

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger dina said…

    Woo woo! Way to go Melissa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home