A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Friday, April 08, 2005

Work update

Today I received a bit more information about my employment situation. I am employed and paid until April 22, my termination day being today and the law allowing me one week of compensation for every year of service. Unfortunately, I am also expected to BE at work during that time. Since the company is shutting down, I have no idea what I am expected to do for the next two weeks...

I had a first interview for a potential short-term contract on Wednesday and a second interview is scheduled next week. This is a good company, the contract could potentially turn into a permanent position and if it doesn't, it gives me at least a few more months to find work. I feel a little bit more confident about my immediate future now :-) If I can start the contract position before April 22, I might just resign, get my vacation days and start working for the new place immediately. It pays more anyways, and I'd rather be working than going mad from having nothing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home