A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, March 27, 2005

New toy and wet and windy weekend

Behold! Below are two of my first pictures taken with my latest acquisition: a digital camera! I know, I know, welcome to the year 2000... But I was waiting for a good deal and to get some valuable feedback from other users. So far, I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I bought a Canon Power Shot A85, a 4.0 megapixels gadget. Canon is supposed to be a good brand, and the price of this specific model fell last Friday at Future Shop. So I figured, this would be a wise investment for Europe and all our weekend trips. It's also a great tool to keep this blog a little more lively. Who wants to read all this text :-) I haven't figured out the camera yet, I mean, I can point and shoot, but there are so many features to discover and master, it will take a while before I start taking masterpieces.

The long weekend was pleasant, nothing planned, a few shopping trips here and there, lots of sleeping in and a few movies, some running, cleaning, cooking, laundry, reading... All good. We stayed mostly indoors because it has been very windy for the past three days and today, it's raining. That's all quite acceptable, Spring is supposed to be wet, there's nothing like a dry Spring to accelerate an ultra dry Summer with lots of forest fires and infestations (trees are more susceptible to infestations and diseases when they haven't been watered properly). We plan to do a lot of camping this Summer, it would be sad if camping was prohibited because of extremely dry conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home