A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Feeling tired, keeping myself busy

Tucker made me breakfast in bed on Saturday morning, an omelet with salsa and cheese, and toast with peanut butter and jam. I never tasted salsa in an omelet before, it's good! I was hungry, ate everything and drank a big glass of orange juice as well. Since it was beautiful outside, we couldn't stay in for very long, we drove to Granville Island, bought coffee at JJ Bean and walked around, avoiding the crowds. It's already started, the Island is so busy it's mad and it's not even tourist season yet. I guess we just contributed to the invasion. It would be unfair to think that nobody else is allowed to enjoy this wonderful hangout. We did some shopping afterwards, but didn't find everything we were looking for. Then, Saturday night, we had sushi and went to see a movie. Sin City is based on a comic book and is just to bloody violent (or bloody AND violent). I didn't enjoy it, made me think of Kill Bill with more gore and dark characters.

Today, Tucker was helping a friend drywall his ceiling (sounds painful, doesn't it?), so I stayed home and cleaned my apartment. Everything was messy, I didn't put anything away during the week, it looked terrible. It took three hours, but I feel better now. I also went to the gym, but it made me feel worse. Not physically, mentally. I've been on a low-energy cycle since the announcement at work and I could measure the impact of stress on my body by the weakness I felt while working out. I felt good for having gone at least. I'll need to return more often, that's all. Then, some grocery shopping and I rented a movie, Closer. I should have picked something happier, maybe Hitch. I couldn't get into the plot. It feels like a few disconnected snapshots of overheard conversations between estranged couples. What it did capture nicely is the pain of love, I'll give it that. Not a warm and fuzzy movie, that's for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home