A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, January 13, 2007

There's a system after all

After a whirlwind, crazy, almost end-of-semester like week, I'm looking at a weekend that is just as busy. My two courses this semester are going to require a lot of reading over the weekend. Fortunately, the topics are very interesting, much more than Accounting: Management of Innovation and Strategy.

I met with a neurologist here in Vancouver. I still have to hear back from VGH about the MRI, but I'm already scheduled for an EEG. And I have to continue taking the medication they gave me in Montreal, for at least six months. If I don't get another seizure, they might consider taking me off of it. Since this medication is supposed to prevent seizures, how would I get one while I'm taking it? I didn't ask any questions. The good news is, I'm no longer feeling dizzy. The bad news is, I'm not allowed to give blood for the next two years. There was, after all, a reason why they were asking me this question at the Canadian Blood Services.

I booked a flight to Calgary in early March, to meet Annie in Banff and then eventually make our way to Lake Louise for some skiing. I think that'll be a lot of fun, I've never been in Banff. I noticed a strange thing when shopping for my flight. I initially checked Air Canada earlier this week (I usually fly with them) and the tickets were $84 one way and $94 the other way. Hmm... Not great. Then, on Thursday, I received my weekly e-mail with promotions from WestJet. I checked their price for a Vancouver-Calgary flight and it was $69 each way. Better. Before booking, I thought I'd give AC a last chance and, what do you know: prices were down to $69 each way on AC as well! Well, since I collect Aeroplan Miles and already have all my info in their database, I booked with Air Canada. Out of curiosity, I looked at the price for a Vancouver-Calgary flight on AC on Friday: $84 and $94. I get someone at Air Canada gets the same promotional e-mail that I get from WestJet ;) Even stranger, the flights for both airlines were leaving at the same times, throughout the entire day...

Go figure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home