A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

New job starting July 25

Well, once again, things moved rather quickly.

In anticipation of my current contract ending July 15, I had done some research into other opportunities, both permanent and contract. Today, I signed my offer papers for a permanent position as a Technical Writer for a company that does Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. The company is located downtown (a short 8-minute bus ride from my place), which will be great for my daily commute. The work seems challenging enough and so far, everyone I've met on the team (during interviews) was really nice.

So, I'll get a bit of time off after the contract (hopefully, it all depends on how well I can wrap things up before I leave). I will start looking for cheap flights to Montreal, I'd love to spend a couple of days at my parent's chalet. I miss swimming in the lake. You can't really swim in the Pacific ocean, it's always cold!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Salut Mélissa,

    Les choses bougent! En revenant du chalet ce soir (après une magnifique fin de semaine de cinq jours où ta mère et moi nous sommes baignés dans de l'eau plus chaude que celle de l'océan pacifique), nous apprenons que tu projettes de venir à Montréal entre tes deux emplois! Heureuse nouvelle. Ton grand-père est déjà au courant et des choses s'organisent aussi de ce côté là. Monique et Alphonse aimeraient bien te voir et envisagent la possibilité de monter au chalet si tu viens à Montréal. Les trois générations au Lac Mac pour quelques jours, ça pourrait être amusant!!!

    On s'en reparle demain soir!


    Papa kayak
    et maman chaise flottante!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home