A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Not much going on... more or less

I've tried sitting down and writing a post in the past week, but haven't found anything blogworthy to write. Feels like I'm just living life, busy with work, busy after work...

As I might have mentioned in a previous post, my contract ends July 15 and I am actively looking for something to do after that date. I spoke to my current manager today about the possibility of extending or getting a perm position, but the company was acquired recently and is right in the middle of redefining its product portfolio within the new business model. Lots of churn, people being moved left and right, not a good time to have a clear view of which group might need a technical writer. So, I'm applying elsewhere, interviewing, and keeping my options open. I have an interview tomorrow morning with a company downtown, looking forward to chatting with the team over there. It's been presented to me as an interesting opportunity by someone who doesn't work there.

What else... Well, my friend Kevin is in town for a few days with his girlfriend Lucie. We're probably going to have dinner together tomorrow night, along with Lara, Charles, and Tucker. Sushi and beer at my place, a lot cozier than a restaurant :-)

Then, Tucker has a company BBQ on Saturday, I might go but it depends on the weather. It's supposed to rain. Then, we have a party Saturday night for a friend of Tucker who is moving back to Ontario. I guess there are lots of things going on, I'm just too busy to sort them all out in my head in some sort of coherent story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home