A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Work update

I haven't posted much about work lately, it's mostly because nothing had changed. But there were some interesting developments this week that I thought I'd share...

I applied for a program manager position internally after it became vacant. Program management is an interesting combination of responsibilities: project management (tracking progress, enabling communication between teams), design and usability (writing functional specifications for a release based on requirements), training (lunch & learn sessions, short papers on specific features)... This would be an amazing learning opportunity. I was told that I've been shortlisted in the top three, with two other candidates from outside the company. Since I don't know who these other candidates are, I cannot speculate on my chances. I can however say that I've had many supporters internally who told very good things to the hiring manager about my work so far. I should know more within the next few weeks.

I have also heard back from another company about a project coordinator position. From the description, the job sounded like it involved a lot of tracking, scheduling, budgeting, similar to project management I guess. The position is at a very large business software company with offices around the world. It could mean a lot of very interesting opportunities down the line. I received an e-mail from HR asking when would be a good time to call me, I gave them a few times, but haven't heard back. Again, I should know more shortly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home