A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Brain... is... numb...

Inactivity and four consecutive days of Buffy will do this to a girl.

What can I say, I'm still sick. I went back to my doctor (the one I don't like) on Monday and came back with enough prescription drugs to open my own pharmacy. There's a powder that I must inhale twice a day to help my inflamed airways. There are five more days of antibiotics because the infection in my lungs is not clearing up as fast as it could. There's a cough syrup with codeine to help me sleep at night (and it works, I only wake up every two hours now instead of every 45 minutes, yay!). The doctor also sent me for a blood test (to check my white blood cell count) and another chest x-ray (with all this radiation, I'm going to audition for a part in the next X-Men movie).

It could be worse. If I had a fever, I'd be on IV at the hospital. But no fever...

Once this entire thing clears up, as I know it will eventually, I'm also scheduled for some additional tests. Respiratory tests to confirm the asthma diagnostic (or not) and allergy test to find out what rocks my boat. Once I know what I'm allergic to, then I can start avoiding this substance.

Which brings me to a recent observation. When I am downstairs, watching TV or eating, I don't cough much. However, when I move upstairs, to work on the computer, or read in my room, or sleep, I cough all the time. What's the one major difference between the two floors? Carpet. And whatever lives in an old carpet. So, maybe this is nothing, but I'm going to use a phased approach here: first, vacuum the damn thing tonight and this weekend, get it cleaned. Maybe I'm sensitive to dust... Hey, that would be a great excuse to replace the carpet and get hardwood floors installed on the second floor. Maybe you can get a discount for allergies ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home