A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Friday, July 29, 2005

First week done... and full of promises

Starting a new job is always a bit unnerving, but my first week went well. My colleagues are really nice, the office is a great working environment, and the short bus ride downtown means I get to sleep a bit longer in the morning. A lot of projects are in the pipeline, it looks really promising.

This is a long weekend in BC, as we have a Civic Holiday on Monday. As the rest of the city is escaping and crowding the roads, Tucker and I have decided to stay in town. Tomorrow is Lara's birthday so we are having dinner at Bridges, on Granville Island. Then, we are going to a friend's place to watch the fireworks. We might do the Grind, or at least a bit of hiking somewhere on the North Shore. And we'll enjoy the time off. Starting in September, both Tucker and I are likely going back to school, Tucker to start courses to help his enrollment in a bachelor's degree and myself, to complete some preparation courses for the MBA. I will probably know next week if I am accepted (conditionally) at SFU, in the Management of Technology MBA.

Happy weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home