A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Not enough energy to care

Have you ever had a weekend where you wish you could just lie in bed and do nothing? That was my weekend. Fortunately, I managed to gather enough energy to do something, but I was dragging my feet all along. Don't know what it is, needing a vacation, not working out enough, working too much... a combination of the three I guess.

I'm working on getting my energy back. Tucker and I planned a 10-day trip down the Coast to San Francisco. I have never visited California so I am really looking forward to this. We're leaving Vancouver on August 28, driving down to Cannon Beach (Oregon), camping for the night, then driving down to Redwood (California), camping for the night there as well. Then, from Monday to Friday, we are staying in a youth hostel in San Fran. We have the entire week to visit what is supposed to be quite a nice city. Then we might continue South a bit, to drive the Monterey Highway and take in more of the Coast. We're back on September 5 or 6.

Working out more will be easy as the Fall weather sets in about a month from now. I've been to the gym today, unfortunately, I couldn't do much as I still have the tendonitis and cannot workout my upper body. A bit of stationary bike, a bit of stretching, a bit of abs... Feels good.

And finally, I don't want to jinx anything but I think it's pretty final: we have a new writer starting September 7. He has not signed his offer letter yet, we just delivered a verbal offer to him on Friday, but he seems pretty excited to join the company and I'm really happy if indeed he comes on board. I've been asking for additional help for the past year and have been looking for someone for a couple of months now. Finally, I think the wait is coming to an end and we might be able to distribute the workload that is currently overwhelming.

So I'm on the right page...

Note aside: I found this cool page on CBC online about Bill Reid. Last Christmas, I bought a biography of Bill Reid for Alain and from what he has told me recently, his story is quite an interesting one. CBC has included both radio and video clips about the artist, which I think could be a nice addition to the book you probably just finished, dad.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Blogger dina said…

    Oh no! We are planning a week in Vancouver from August 26-Sept 1! We're going out to see Steve's grandma and great-aunt. I hope you can squeeze us in before you take off :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home