A Frog in BC

Hopefully clever comments about life in Vancouver, B.C. as lived by a French girl from Montreal

Sunday, July 18, 2004

I have a new toy!!

Today, I treated myself to a toy I've been wanting to get for a while: a PDA. I have had enough of paper agendas, sticky notes and copying my contact list over every year. It also helps that I was the happy recipient of a gift card from Staples (or Bureau en Gros in Quebec), present of my very good friend Lara when she visited Vancouver last June.
 
The PDA I decided to buy is a Palm Zire 31 (http://www.palmone.com/us/products/handhelds/zire31/). It is currently charging up and I can't wait to start playing...
 
My next step is to start using the e-post service from Canada Post (http://www.epost.ca). This is a very clever service that allows you to receive your bills electronically, in collaboration with your bank's online service. When I receive a new bill from a mailer (a company that normally sends you bills by snail mail), I get a little note in my online banking session. I can then pay my bill like I would the paper version, but without, well, the paper version. Bye bye misplaced bills, recycled envelopes and shredded bills. Unfortunately, there is currently only one bill I can pay through this service. I'm confident the service will gain popularity very quickly!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home